Sunday, December 19, 2010

To my loving wife

December 7th, 2010

187th Street Jamaica
I'm on the F train
Forest Hills station
On my way
Downtown 6 line
Union Square
I am here
I didn't ever think
I would
Make it in New York

I know I am sure
Of making the right
Choices today
Do I look the part?
Next stop ABC Kitchen

And all I can do
Is think of you
And how you
Got me ready
For this day

I am so lucky to be where I am
I have no fear
Grin from
Ear to ear
Who is this guy anyway?
All dressed in black
Standing tall
Ready for attack

Informed but gently
Stirred
I wait patiently
At the door
30 E 19th
Park & Broadway
Manhattan here I come

You think I have
What it takes?
Just watch me now
I'll show them
What this kid
Is made of

And all I can say
Is I love you so much
I'm holding on
For both of us
Holding on to
Something so real
I can't describe
Just how I feel

You are the Rock
And I will Roll
Today has given
Me this chance
And I want to
Thank you
From the bottom
Of my heart

2 comments: